Mozilla Thunderbird 2 - Alternate Port - Setup Guide
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations - alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- Load Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0
- From the main screen open the 'Tools' menu and then select 'Account Settings...'
- Select 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)' in the left-hand column
- Enter 'AuthSMTP' as the description
- Enter the 'Server name' as the SMTP server we supplied with your signup email
- Enter the port number as '2525'
- Enter the AuthSMTP username (it will ask for your password when you first go to send a message)
- IMPORTANT: 'authsmtp.username' is an example - if your AuthSMTP username was 'ab12345' enter it as that and *not* as 'authsmtp.ab12345'
- Make sure 'Use secure connection' is set to: No
- You now have a separate SMTP account setup using the AuthSMTP service
- You may wish to set this as the default SMTP server by clicking 'Set Default'
- You should now be back to the main Thunderbird 2.0 screen
- Close Thunderbird 2.0 and then reload
- Check you are online then test to ensure you can send mail correctly
- It will prompt you for your AuthSMTP password the first time you try to send email
Are you having a problem sending email or looking for a reliable SMTP server?
AuthSMTP is the outgoing SMTP email service for your e-commerce website, mailing list or email program.
It works on most current computers or devices and solves many of the common problems with sending email such as relaying denied errors or blacklisting issues.
With instant setup, a money back guarantee and very low cost starter accounts you can test and start sending email in minutes with no risk.View Features