The Bat - Alternate Port - Setup Guide
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations - alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- Right click on your account and select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Transport' option from the menu tree
- Enter the SMTP server (provided with your AuthSMTP signup)
- Change the SMTP port number from '25' to '2525'
- Click the 'Authentication' button
- Tick 'Perform SMTP authentication'
- Select 'Use specific settings'
- Enter your AuthSMTP username / password (provided with your AuthSMTP signup)
Are you having a problem sending email or looking for a reliable SMTP server?
AuthSMTP is the outgoing SMTP email service for your e-commerce website, mailing list or email program.
It works on most current computers or devices and solves many of the common problems with sending email such as relaying denied errors or blacklisting issues.
With instant setup, a money back guarantee and very low cost starter accounts you can test and start sending email in minutes with no risk.View Features