Opera Mail 8 - Alternate Port - Setup Guide
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations - alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- Open 'Tools' menu - click 'Accounts' option
- Click the mail account to update to select it
- Change SMTP server to: mail.authsmtp.com
- Drop down the authentication box and select: CRAM-MD5
- Enter the AuthSMTP username and password you were supplied with
- Change 'Outgoing Server Port Number' to 2525
- Click OK and OK again to return to Opera
- Close Opera and the reload it
Are you having a problem sending email or looking for a reliable SMTP server?
AuthSMTP is the outgoing SMTP email service for your e-commerce website, mailing list or email program.
It works on most current computers or devices and solves many of the common problems with sending email such as relaying denied errors or blacklisting issues.
With instant setup, a money back guarantee and very low cost starter accounts you can test and start sending email in minutes with no risk.View Features