Apple iPhone - iOS12 - Setup Guide
Are you using a new iPhone or the latest version of iOS? Please see our iOS15 SMTP server setup guide here.
- First, you need to make sure the address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised on your account in our Control Panel
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly
- Take a note of any settings you change
- Only change the settings specified, you should not need to change your incoming email settings
- These instructions are only for Apple iPhone / iPod using iOS12 - for other programs please see How To Setup AuthSMTP
- Tap 'Settings' on the home screen
- Scroll down and tap 'Passwords & Accounts'
- Tap the email account you wish to modify
- Tap the email address to edit the settings
- Scroll down to 'Outgoing Mail Server' and tap 'SMTP'
- Tap on the 'Primary Server' to change it
- Make a note of the existing settings
- Make sure the 'Server' slider is 'On'
- Enter the AuthSMTP host name supplied during the activation process, typically 'mail.authsmtp.com'
- Enter your AuthSMTP username and password
- Set the 'Use SSL' slider to on
- Set the server port to '2525'
- Tap 'Authentication'
- Set to 'MD5 Challenge-Response'
- Tap 'Back'
- You will now see that your SMTP server has been updated
- Click 'Done' in the top right-hand corner
- Tap 'Account' to back to the main settings
- You will see that the SMTP server has updated
- Setup is complete, try sending a message to ensure it is working correctly