Microsoft Exchange 2010 - Change to alternative port
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume you have already setup your AuthSMTP send connector in Exchange 2010 using the instructions on the Exchange 2010 setup page
- By default Exchange 2010 will attempt to connect to the AuthSMTP servers on the default SMTP port 25, if you wish to change this to one of the Alternative ports (2525, 23, 26) you will need to take the following steps
- Open the 'Exchange Management Shell'
- Type the following command to get a list of all your send connectors:
- To change the SMTP port for your connector you will need to enter the following command
Set-SendConnector -Identity "AuthSMTP Connector" -Port 2525
- To confirm the change has been accepted you can enter the following command
Get-SendConnector "AuthSMTP Connector"|fl Port
- You should now be able to send messages via AuthSMTP on the alternative port 2525